Division for single and multiple-digit numbers and other topics.
Division is presented as the inverse of multiplication. Single-digit division facts are learned and the concepts of division and place value are applied when solving long division problems.
Is your student ready for Delta?
Ready to buy?
Major Concepts and Skills Include:
- Using strategies based on place value and properties of operations to divide
- Understanding division as solving for an unknown factor
- Fluently dividing any combination of whole numbers
- Solving abstract and real-world problems involving all four operations
- Interpreting remainders in short and long division
- Understanding fraction notation in light of division
Additional Concepts and Skills:
- Reading and writing Roman numerals
- Dividing, multiplying, adding, and subtracting U.S. currency and standard units of measure
- Understanding angle measure and geometric shapes including points, segments, rays, and lines
- Classifying shapes based on defining attributes
- Understanding and computing area and volume
“We love Math-U-See! Our 9 year old is about to move on to Delta, 7 year old is starting Gamma, and our five year old is in Primer! Thanks for a great math program!” — Jason
Ready to Buy?
Click "Buy Delta Products" button or contact us if you have further questions.