Decimals, percents and other topics.
Zeta extends the student’s concept of place value to the right of the decimal point. Students learn to complete core operations with decimals. The connection between fractions and decimals is presented.
Is your student ready for Zeta?
Ready to buy?
Major Concepts and Skills Include:
- Expanding understanding of place value from positive powers of ten to include decimals
- Fluently adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing multiple digit decimals using place-value strategies
- Solving real-world problems with decimals and percentages
- Understanding the metric system and converting from one unit of measure to another
Additional Concepts and Skills:
- Understanding and simplifying exponents
- Understanding negative numbers and representing them on the coordinate plane
- Using properties of operations to simplify and evaluate algebraic expressions
- Interpreting and graphing relationships between dependent and independent variables
- Understanding of plane geometry & geometric symbols
- Using ratio reasoning to solve problems
“MUS is one of the best things that happened to our family. My son was struggling through math at public school and getting left behind, would cry through homework and in the middle of 4th grade, we quit and brought him home. He finished Delta & ... Epsilon and is all caught up now. He doesn't cry anymore and can answer multiplication and division and fraction questions with ease. When we pulled him out, he couldn't do it at all. This past summer, he visited family back home, and made new friends. One of the new friends commented, "Caleb is so smart in math. He can answer any question". He is in 6th grade now and loving Zeta. Thank you MUS for building his self confidence and math confidence.” — Michelle
Ready to Buy?
Click "Buy Zeta Products" button or contact us if you have further questions.